MG Motor UK is part of one of China’s largest Vehicle Manufacturers, SAIC Motor Corporation Ltd. With ambitious plans to grow in the global automotive market place through the development of world class products, a Buyer is sought to be responsible for the successful execution of purchasing activities against tight deadlines.
- Support adherence to Global Purchasing Policies and Procedures whilst managing them to support Business requirements.
- Liaising with other members of the team, internal customers, suppliers and contractors.
- Responsible for leading and coordinating of sourcing activities within Portfolio.
- Responsible for delivery of bought in goods and services at the lowest ultimate cost.
- Supplier base quality, technology, service and delivery optimisation.
- Responsible for issue of invitation to tenders, analysis of bids received, preparation of contractual documents and drafting reports.
- Implement and influence Purchasing strategies & processes.
- Ensuring the right contractual conditions are in place to manage the company’s risk.
- Raise Purchasing orders on the SAIC Motor SAP IT system.
- Provide a service to both Internal and External Customers.
- Supplier relationship management.
- Conduct supplier evaluation and selection.
- Support SAIC Motor’s Business plan, specifically in the area of Cost reduction.
- Support Logistic arrangements For Goods moving inbound and outbound within the EEC, and Worldwide.
- Degree qualified or equivalent
- Self motivated team player looking to make a contribution whilst improving their skills with support
- Can demonstrate experience in non production purchasing and ideally would have operated within a sales / marketing environment.
- Good negotiation skills
- Computer Literate – Microsoft Office packages - Excel, Word & PowerPoint
- Looking for the next move, with a positive attitude towards learning and Personal development