Longbridge, with travel
Head of Aftersales & Parts
To manage the commercial development of the Parts Business for MG Motor UK and support the Logistics requirements for MG Parts
• Manage the daily interface requirements with the MG Motor Parts Centre Parts operated by TVS under a third party (3PL) contract relationship – logistics covering Parts and Accessories.
• Understand and work with the Parts business processes – Parts ordering by Dealers / Parts Cost management ,with MG Finance – Parts help desk operation
• Establish and operate a Parts Price Control system/process that enables the maintenance of the MG Parts file.
• Set up and utilise appropriate Parts pricing databases enabling the competitive positioning of MG Parts prices resulting in competitive cost of ownership for MG customers.
• Ensure that the MG SAP system receives updates of Parts price files
• Provide the main Operational interface between MG Motor UK and the dealer network on all parts related issues.
• Liaise with SAIC Aftersales Service Division (ASD) to ensure that they provide continuous development and control of all model Service Bill of Materials (S.BOM)
• Ensure that an MG EPC is current and provided to dealers
• Co ordinate the outbound (to dealer ) transport contract with 3PL partner
• Maintain and develop the MG Motor Parts Standards
• Work with the MG Accessories Co-ordinator to provide logistics support for MG Accessories programme
• Ensure that Parts supply contract obligations for MG Motor are met where necessary.
• Identify commercially beneficial sales opportunities
• Business Management Degree or equivalent graduate level of qualification
• Experience of working in a similar role for a vehicle manufacturer or parts supplier
• Commercial appreciation of the automotive parts business.
• Knowledge of basic parts logistics
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
• Full clean UK driving licence
• UK dealer and supplier trips