Longbridge, Birmingham with travel
Vehicle Operations Group Leader
Carry out general repairs within PDI/Paragon/Dealers areas to required standard and in a timely manner. Be fully competent to support customer repairs and servicing to a high standard. Be able to communicate/support with dealerships /Paragon operations and feedback to Department leader with containment and suggestion for root cause analysis. Raise PCR against China build process as and when required and support meetings when required.
• Repair of all MG’s vehicles to the required specification (Quality Handbook) Also check before working on vehicles as to the condition of the vehicle and record as necessary on the repair order.
• Attend Paragon site as and when required to provide support and train on quality issues that may arise. (reporting via PCR /BIR and Claims
• Diagnose all types of faults and be able to rectify. Report to relevant department manager and support in feeding quality concerns back into the system.
• Be able to train others to required standards needed to perform rework on MG vehicles.
• Attend all meetings relevant to rework requirements to help resolve company quality concerns and recommend times and best rework practices.
• Keep working area clean and ensure all vehicles, equipment and special tools are used in the correct manner.
• Carry out work for any relevant department.
• And pre-delivery servicing/repairs on used cars as and when required.
• Attend all training courses required to carry out your job role and continued development within MG Motor.
• Filling out a repair sheet detailing the work you have done.
• Understand and adhere to company’s policies and procedures.
• Good practical skills for using a range of tools and electronic instruments.
• The ability to work methodically and pay close attention to detail.
• Good problem-solving skills.
• The ability to read and use diagnostic equipment along with electrical wiring diagrams
• The ability to work alone or part of a team.
• Good communication skills and effectively feed back issues to all relevant departments.
• Support new model development (May involve trips to China)
• Awareness of health and safety.
• Be fully compliant with reporting mechanisms.
• Minimum of NVQ/VCQ level 3, City and Guilds or industry equivalent
• Shift work may apply to some areas of the business.
• National travel, including visits to port
• Must hold a current full driving license
• 40 hour working week
• 6 month rolling temporary contract