Longbridge, with travel
Head of Aftersales & Parts
To manage the commercial development of the Parts Business for MG Motor UK and support the Logistics requirements for MG Parts
- Manage the daily interface requirements with the MG Motor Parts Centre Parts operated by TVS under a third party (3PL) contract relationship – logistics covering Parts and Accessories
- Understand and work with the Parts business processes – Parts ordering by Dealers / Parts Cost management ,with MG Finance – Parts help desk operation
- Establish and operate a Parts Price Control system/process that enables the maintenance of the MG Parts file
- Set up and utilise appropriate Parts pricing databases enabling the competitive positioning of MG Parts prices resulting in competitive cost of ownership for MG customers
- Ensure that the MG SAP system receives updates of Parts price files
- Provide the main Operational interface between MG Motor UK and the dealer network on all parts related issues.
- Liaise with SAIC Aftersales Service Division (ASD) to ensure that they provide continuous development and control of all model Service Bill of Materials (S.BOM)
- Ensure that an MG EPC is current and provided to dealers
- Coordinate the outbound (to dealer) transport contract with 3PL partner
- Maintain and develop the MG Motor Parts Standards
- Work with the MG Accessories Coordinator to provide logistics support for MG Accessories programme
- Ensure that Parts supply contract obligations for MG Motor are met where necessary
- Identify commercially beneficial sales opportunities
- Business Management Degree or equivalent graduate level of qualification
- Experience of working in a similar role for a vehicle manufacturer or parts supplier
- Commercial appreciation of the automotive parts business
- Knowledge of basic parts logistics
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
- Full clean UK driving licence
As part of any recruitment process, MG Motor UK Limited collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. MG Motor UK Limited is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations.
What information does MG Motor UK LTD collect?
We collect a range of information about you at the application stage. This includes:
If you are selected to attend an interview we will then contact you via the personal contact details you have provided, to both organise an initial interview but also request equal opportunities data to understand whether or not you have a disability for which the organisation needs to make reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process.
MG Motor UK LTD collects this information in a variety of ways. For example, data might be contained in application forms, CVs/resumes, obtained from your passport or other identity documents, or collected through interviews or other forms of assessment.
The organisation may also collect personal data about you from third parties, such as references supplied by former employers. The organisation will seek information from third parties only once a job offer to you has been made and will inform you before doing so.
Data will be stored in a range of different places, including on your application record stored in your personnel file. If you were to then be offered a position at MG Motor UK Limited, you will then also be sent a copy of the employee privacy notice to inform you how your personal data will be used during your employment.
Why does MG Motor UK Limited process personal data?
We need to process data to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract with you. We will then also need to process your data to enter into a contract with you.
In some cases, the company will need to process data to ensure that it is complying with our legal obligations. For example, it is required to check a successful applicant’s eligibility to work in the UK before employment starts.
MG Motor UK Limited has a legitimate interest in processing personal data during the recruitment process and for keeping records of the process. Processing data from job applicants allows us to manage the recruitment process, assess and confirm a candidate’s suitability for employment and decide to whom to offer a job. We may also need to process data from job applicants to respond to and defend against legal claims.
Where the organisation relies on legitimate interests as a reason for processing data, it has considered whether or not those interests are overridden by the rights and freedoms of employees or workers and has concluded that they are not.
The organisation processes health information if it needs to make reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process for candidates who have a disability. This is to carry out its obligations and exercise specific rights in relation to employment.
Where the organisation processes other special categories of data, such as information about ethnic origin, sexual orientation, health or religion or belief, this is for equal opportunities monitoring purposes.
If your application is unsuccessful, the organisation will keep your personal data on file in case there are future employment opportunities for which you may be suited. The organisation will ask for your consent before it keeps your data for this purpose and you are free to withdraw your consent at any time. This data will be kept on file for a period of 6 months from the latest time you have sent your details to us.
Who has access to data?
Your information will be shared internally for the purposes of the recruitment exercise. This includes members of the HR, interviewers involved in the recruitment process, managers in the business area with a vacancy and the Purchasing team (only if the role is a contract role).
We will not share your data with third parties, unless your application for employment is successful and it makes you an offer of employment. The organisation may then share your data with former employers to obtain references for you.
How do we protect data?
MG Motor UK Limited takes the security of your data seriously. It has internal policies and controls in place to ensure that your data is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed, and is not accessed except by our employees in the proper performance of their duties. Only the HR team and/or relevant line management will hold your information. If any member of this user group leaves the business then their account status is changed so that they no longer have access to the system.
For how long does the organisation keep data?
If your application for employment is unsuccessful, the organisation will hold your data on file for 6 months after the end of the relevant recruitment process. At the end of that period, or once you withdraw your consent, your data is deleted or destroyed.
If your application for employment is successful, personal data gathered during the recruitment process will be transferred to your personnel file and retained during your employment. The periods for which your data will be held will be provided to you in a new privacy notice.
As a data subject, you have a number of rights. You can:
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact MGUKHRDept@mgmotor.co.uk from the email address you registered this account under.
If you believe that the organisation has not complied with your data protection rights, you can complain to the Information Commissioner.
What if you do not provide personal data?
You are under no statutory or contractual obligation to provide data to the organisation during the recruitment process. However, if you do not provide the information, the organisation may not be able to process your application properly or at all.
Recruitment processes are not based solely on automated decision-making.